Thursday 8 May 2008

Translating succesfully

My Translation

Advantages: It´s more comprehensible for someone who needs or wants to read it, and it doesn´t have so many mistakes.

Disadvantages: It takes very long comparing to an automatic translator, to translate a paragraph it took me like 20 minutes.
I could not know the meaning of a word, or more important a sentence, and the whole meaning would not be the same.



AT (Systran™)

Advantages: It´s very fast, it doesn´t take more than 1 minute (depending on the connection). It gives the meaning of an unknown word.

Disadvantages: It translates word by word, so the meaning of the text you want translate won´t be the same and it´s not so comprehensible, specially if you translate it to a foreign or second language.


CAT

Advantages: It helps me translating something faster. if i don´t know the meaning of any word it can give it to me.

Disadvantages: It´s not so fast as AT is. It doesn´t give me coherence and/or cohesion rules to translate it.

No comments: